- Riverside takes children the September after their 4th birthday and for their first year children are taught in Foundation Stage.
- In Years 1 and 2 they are in Key Stage 1.
- In Years 3, 4 5 and 6 they are in Key Stage 2.
- Children transfer to high schools at the end of Year 6 when they are 11 years old.
- Parents can apply for a first time or mid term admission by using the On-line Admissions system on the Leicestershire County Council website website
You can contact Admissions on: Telephone: 0116 305 6684
- Use the LCC’s ‘find a school’ search to see catchment maps for schools and a list of schools within your local area. The ‘Your Guide to Education’ section has all the information required for entry to schools for September.
- If your child has been refused a place in the school you have applied to, you have the right to appeal against this decision
Secondary schools usually host open evenings for year 7 entry the following year every September and it is encouraged that you attend these, when your child is in year 6, to get a feel for the schools.Event details will be shared here each year, when known.You will then be able to make an informed choice to apply for your child's secondary school place before 31st October in the year when they are a year 6 pupil.
Click here to view the catchment map for 2022/23 entry.